CJ ENVIRONMENTAL CUSTOMER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for choosing CJ Environmental, Inc. and its website www.cjenvironmental.com (‘Company’). We value your business and endeavor to bring you the top dollar for your scrap precious metals in the most efficient and expeditious manner. Further, it is our goal to provide you with the utmost in confidence and security when transacting with us. To that end we have created the following Terms and Conditions to provide you with our assurances and to eliminate, as best as possible, any confusion regarding our business practices.
1. Processing. Upon receipt of your precious metal items (the ‘Items’), Company will process the contents for payment. During this process the Items’ value are assessed and a quote will be promptly emailed to you (the ‘Offer’). We will hold the Items at our processing facility up to fourteen (14) days from the date the Items are received (the ‘Holding period’). During the Holding period you may ACCEPT the offer or DENY the offer. If you ACCEPT the offer, payment will be promptly made to you. If you DENY the offer, Company shall, at no cost to you, return your Items to you. If we do not hear from you by the time the holding period expires, the OFFER will be deemed as ACCEPTED, payment will be made to you in the amount of the OFFER and the purchase shall be deemed final, binding and irrevocable.
2. Should you desire, you may call us to determine receipt of your Items and to receive a telephonic quote for the purchase of your Items. If you approve the quote, your items will be processed and a check mailed to you. If you do not approve our quote we shall promptly return the Items to you.
3. You represent and warrant that you are over the age of eighteen years of age. We reserve the right to request documentation to verify your age. We may also request that you verify your age by entering your age and information on our website.
4. You hereby represent and warrant that all Items you send to us are owned by you and that no other person or entity’s permission is required to process the Items purchased by us. You agree to indemnify and hold CJ Environmental, Inc., its employees and subsidiaries, harmless from and against any claims brought by a third party claiming ownership of any items purchased from you by us.
5. Packaging Items. You are responsible for packaging your items. Should we receive damaged or open packages, we shall reserve the right to return the package to you without any liability therefore. We do however insure the Items properly packaged by You and received by us as stated below.
6. Insured FedEx Shipping for Inbound Shipping (Parcels sent to Company). Jewelers Mutual Insurance ® insures all inbound FedEx parcels shipped to Company’s processing facility using Company’s provided FedEx labels for up to $5,000.00. Additional insurance is available prior to shipping (up to $100,000.00 USD). If you’d like to secure additional insurance, simply contact Company prior to shipping to make arrangements.
In the event an inbound parcel shipped to the Company is lost, stolen or damaged, and you would like to file a claim, you must do so with Company in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30 days) of the shipment date. Company will help you file a claim with Jewelers Mutual Insurance ®. Jewelers Mutual Insurance ® may require you to provide certain documentation in order to process your claim. This may include the following:
a. A printed receipt with tracking number to prove the shipment was received and scanned by FedEx.
b. Pictures of the contents of your package, along with receipts, or proof(s) of purchase.
c. A valid Government ID.
Company advises all clients to securely package their items, obtain a printed receipt with tracking number to prove the shipment was received and scanned by FedEx, and take pictures of the item(s) prior to shipping. Failure to do so could negate the claim.
For customers who you arrange their own shipping, they shall assume any and all risk of loss and Company will have no liability whatsoever for lost or stolen valuables.
7. Insured USPS Shipping for Inbound Shipping (Parcels sent to Company). Jewelers Mutual Insurance ® insures all inbound Safepaks shipped to Company’s processing facility using Company’s provided USPS labels for up to $1,000.00. Additional insurance is available prior to shipping. Additional insurance is available prior to shipping (up to $100,000.00 USD). If you’d like to secure additional insurance, simply contact Company prior to shipping to make arrangements.
In the event a Safepak shipped to the Company is lost, stolen or damaged, and you would like to file a claim, you must do so with Company in writing by emailing email@example.com within thirty (30 days) of the shipment date. Company will help you file a claim with Jewelers Mutual Insurance ®. Jewelers Mutual Insurance ® may require you to provide certain documentation in order to process your claim. This may include the following:
a. A printed receipt with tracking number to prove the shipment was received and scanned by USPS.
b. Pictures of the contents of your package, along with receipts, or proof(s) of purchase.
c. A valid Government ID.
Company advises all clients to securely package their items, obtain a printed receipt with tracking number to prove the shipment was received and scanned by USPS, and take pictures of the item(s) prior to shipping. Failure to do so could negate the claim.
For customers who arrange their own shipping, they shall assume any and all risk of loss and Company will have no liability whatsoever for lost or stolen valuables.
8. Insured Shipping on all Returned Item(s) (Parcels Shipped to You). For return shipments with an offer valued at $500.00 (USD) or less, Jewelers Mutual Insurance ® shall insure all USPS parcels for up to $1,000.00 (USD). Additional insurance is available prior to shipping. If you’d like to secure additional insurance, simply contact Company prior to shipping to make arrangements.
For return shipments with an offer valued at $500.01 (USD) or higher (OR) if your shipment contains any diamonds, Jewelers Mutual Insurance ® shall insure the return FedEx parcel for up to $5,000.00 (USD). Additional insurance is available prior to shipping. If you’d like to secure additional insurance, simply contact Company prior to shipping to make arrangements.
In the event a Returned parcel shipped to You is lost, stolen or damaged, and you would like to file a claim, you must do so with Company in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30 days) of the shipment date. Company will help you file a claim with Jewelers Mutual Insurance ®. Jewelers Mutual Insurance ® may require you to provide certain documentation in order to process your claim. This may include the following:
a. Pictures of the contents of your package, along with receipts, or proof(s) of purchase.
b. A valid Government ID
9. Lost Items. We have specially designed our Safepak to ensure the safety and security of the Items during shipping to our refinery. Should we receive damaged, tampered or opened Safepak, we shall reserve the right to return the package to you without any liability therefore. We do however insure the Items properly packaged in our Safepak and received by us as stated above.
10. Claim Processing. To process a claim, in addition to the aforementioned details, you will also be required to provide:
- A brief, written statement about the package, package contents, loss circumstances, and any other information relevant to the loss.
- A copy of any documentation in support of the contents of the package and its value. This can include video of the contents while being packaged, a log of the description and related weight, historical package details that point to the weight and value sent to Company.
- Being that the value and coverage limit is $1,000.00 USD for Safepaks or less; or $5,000.00 USD for Appraisal Kits or less, unless alternate arrangements were agreed upon prior to shipping, the shipper must be able to explain the basis of their value presented. Additionally, using market value, you will be required to include a screen shot of the source utilized.
IT IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE TO SUBMIT FALSE CLAIMS THROUGH UNITED STATES MAIL OR VIA INTERSTATE TELECOMMUNICATION DEVICES.
11. FedEx Shipping Guarantee: Should you elect to use our prepaid Federal Express service and in the event that your Items are lost, notwithstanding your compliance with the shipping and packaging procedures set forth by us, we shall pay you the value of the Items, as supported by purchase and sale receipts, up to the maximum sum of $5,000. You hereby understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any loss in excess of $5,000 (USD) and you hereby waive any claims to recover additional damages resulting from the loss or destruction of your Items.
IT IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE TO SUBMIT FALSE CLAIMS THROUGH FEDEX OR VIA INTERSTATE TELECOMMUNICATION DEVICES.
12. Appraisal & Evaluation of Material: During the appraisal process it is sometimes necessary to scratch or scrape items in order to remove the top layer of material so that the testing apparatus can accurately determine the true grade or karat of the item in question. In the even that your material is scratched, scraped, broken or damaged in any way during this process, CJ Environmental is not responsible or liable. This is the only way to accurately assess the material’s true value.
13. 10% Bonus Offer. Customers who send in their item(s) within 7 days of receiving the shipping materials will automatically receive an additional 10 percent bonus on top of the appraisal value of their items, compared to standard pricing. Total payout may not exceed melt value of items. The 10% Bonus Offer is not valid or able to be combined with any other special offers.
14. Price Match Guarantee. We guarantee to pay you the most competitive price for your item(s) and agree to match any competitor’s offer in the United States. In order for us to match a competitor’s price, you must provide a written offer from the competitor which can come in the form of a signed and dated document or an email. In the unlikely event we are unable to match a competitor’s price, we reserve the right to return your item(s) to you free of charge.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WEBSITE USE
1. USE OF SOFTWARE, CONTENT, AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All information, materials, software, information, content, submissions, audio visual content, icons, insignia, trademarks, tradenames, copyrights, patents, and any and all other materials, paradigms or systems (the “Material”) contained on the Site is the sole and exclusive property of COMPANY or the copyrighted property of COMPANY’s licensors or licensees and may not be utilized in any manner except as provided for hereunder and with COMPANY’s express written permission. Any Material posted on the Site that may be downloaded, is/are to be for your personal use only and you may not convert, convey, license, assign, encumber, copy or transfer such personal license to any third party. Subject to Your acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, COMPANY agrees to grant you a limited personal non-transferable right to access the contents of the Site.
2. POSTED MATERIAL
Any material posted by you on the Site shall be deemed works made for hire for COMPANY’ Accordingly, all intellectual property rights of every kind and nature in and to such “uploaded” material shall be the sole and exclusive property of CJ Environmental, Inc. in perpetuity. Such Posted Material may include, but shall not be limited to, blogs, text, pictures, sound bytes, links, videos, submissions, suggestions and ideas.
3. CHANGES TO TERMS.
This agreement is subject to change by the Company at any time and changes shall become effective upon posting on the Site or via hyperlink to another Site. You may not alter, delete, add or change or edit any of these terms and conditions, and any such attempted alteration shall be void and of no effect.
4. GRANT OF LIMITED LICENSE WITH RESERVATIONS
You acknowledge and agree that all materials contained on the Site are proprietary and constitute valuable copyright, trademark and other intellectual property owned by the Company or others who have licensed or authorized use of such materials to the Company. You acknowledge and agree that as such You may only access, view, download, receive and otherwise use the materials available at the Site only as authorized by the Company.
5.1 You acknowledge that You understand that the Company does not authorize access to any part of the Site in any manner contrary to the express provisions of this Agreement.
5.2 You further represent and warrant to the Company that Your agreement to these terms and conditions constitutes an agreement that You shall not access, or attempt to access, any materials available at the Site in a manner not expressly authorized by the Company. You agree and warrant that You shall at no time access, view, download, receive or otherwise use, or cause or enable others to access, view, download, receive or otherwise use materials, directly or indirectly in places which the Company does not authorize such access, viewing, downloading, receipt or other use.
6. INDEMNIFICATION FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF PROPRIETARY MATERIALS
You agree to be personally liable and fully indemnify the Company and its successors and assigns for any and all damages directly, indirectly and/or consequentially resulting from any attempted or actual unauthorized downloading or other duplication of materials from the Site by You alone, or with, or under the authority of, any other person(s), including, without limitation, any governmental agency(ies), wherein such damages include, without limitation, all direct and consequential damages directly or indirectly resulting from unauthorized downloading of materials from the Site including, but not limited to, damages resulting from loss of revenue, loss of property, fines, attorney’s fees and costs, including, without limitation, damages resulting from prosecution and/or governmentally imposed seizure(s), forfeiture(s), and/or injunction(s).
7. COMPANY’S PROPRIETARY RIGHTS TO CONTENT
Except for public domain material or material otherwise licensed to or authorized for use by Company for electronic dissemination, all Materials displayed at or otherwise available through the Site is proprietary, and, may not be copied, redistributed, or downloaded, in whole or in part, without the prior written authorization of Company. All editions of the Site, and all Materials and other matter used directly or indirectly in, at, by, through and/or with the Site is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international copyright treaties and other laws and regulations. All rights are reserved. All intellectual property and other rights in and to the Materials and other matter at the Site shall at all times remain in Company, its parent(s), subsidiary(ies), licensee(s) and assign(s). All intellectual property and other rights in and to any intellectual property content accessed through the Materials is the property of the applicable content owner, which may be the Company, its parent(s), subsidiary or subsidiaries, licensee(s) and assign(s), or others, and may be protected by applicable copyright and/or other laws. The limited and non-exclusive license granted to You herein grants to You no rights to use such content except as set forth herein. This license will immediately terminate automatically if You fail to comply with the limitations described herein, breach any other provision of this Agreement, cease, for any reason, to be a User in good standing, or are notified of its termination by the Company or its authorized agent(s). You agree that upon such termination, You will immediately destroy all copies of the Materials in Your possession. For the purpose of this paragraph, a “User in good standing” is a User who has not violated any of the Terms and Conditions of Use of this website.
8. DISCLAIMER REGARDING THIRD PARTY CONTENT/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
a. You acknowledge that You understand that we are not responsible for, nor can we control, the use by others of any information which You provide to them through the Site, or otherwise.
b. You acknowledge that You understand that we cannot ensure nor do we make any representations or warranties regarding the security or privacy of information that You voluntarily provide through the Internet and Your email messages, and that You release us from any and all liability in connection with the use or misuse of such information by other parties;
c. You further acknowledge that You understand that we do not control the content of any information, messages, communication or other materials posted or uploaded by Users of the Site, including without limitation all Advertisers, and that consequently You release us from any and all liability and responsibility in connection with the content of any information, messages, communication or other materials You may receive from other Users of the Site.
d. You further acknowledge that You understand that we do screen, endorse, monitor, control, investigate, supervise or verify any advertisements or communications submitted to the Site by third-party licensees, advertisers, or Users for electronic dissemination through the Site. All Users of the Site is therefore cautioned and advised to use their own judgment to evaluate all advertisements and other communications available at or through the use of the Site prior to purchasing goods and/or services described at the Site or otherwise responding to any communication at the Site.
e. Some of the content of the Site might be accessed by You via hyperlinks which will connect You to third-parties, or to third-party Site that may provide content to the Site. We have no editorial control or supervision over selection or display of the content provided by those third parties or those third-party Site and those parties are solely responsible and liable for that content.
9. DISCLOSURE AND OTHER COMMUNICATION
We reserve the right to send electronic mail to You, for the purpose of informing You of changes or additions to the Site, or of any of our related products and services. We reserve the right to disclose information about Your usage of the Site and demographics in forms that do not reveal Your personal identity. We do not collect, sell, trade, or give away any personal information in any way. Our site may set cookies on your computer to facilitate your navigation while on our site. Our sites may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, content or lawfulness of the linking sites.
10. YOUR CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
You hereby grant us the right, from time to time, at our discretion to send You commercial, advertising or informational emails at Your email address. You acknowledge that we may rely upon Your viewing of the Site as Your permission to us to send You such emails. Furthermore, You grant us the right to continue to send You such emails until You specifically notify us that You wish us to stop sending You said emails.
11. LIABILITY OF USERS FOR INFORMATION THEY POST
The Company may in its discretion provide a service that enables authorized Users to communicate with or otherwise share information with other Users or persons who offer to provide any kind of service to Users, or to post information at, in or on the Site. If the Company provides such service and if You make use of the service, You agree that You will not post, submit, publish, display, disseminate, or otherwise communicate any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, threatening, offensive, fraudulent or illegal material or any material which would violate or infringe the copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, privacy rights or other rights of any person. You acknowledge that transmission of such material or any material that violates any federal, state, or local law in the United States or anywhere else in the world, is strictly prohibited by the Company and You further agree that any transmission of such material by You shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement entitling Company, without notice and without any liability for damages or reimbursement to You, to immediately terminate Your rights to access to the Site.
a. You acknowledge and agree that You, and not the Company, shall be solely responsible and liable for all damages, liability or other consequences, foreseen or unforeseen, of all information which You submit, publish, display, disseminate or otherwise communicate through the Site even if a claim for damages or liability should arise after termination of service.
b. If the Company provides any such service described herein, You agree that all messages and other communications by You shall be deemed to be readily accessible to all other Users who are authorized to access the Site and agree that all such messages and other communications shall not be deemed to be private or secure. Regardless of whether the Company provides any type of service described herein, You agree that You have hereby been informed and noticed that any and all messages and other communications which You submit to Company directly or through the Site can be read by the operators and/or other agents of Company, whether or not they are the intended recipient(s).
12. NOTICES TO COMPANY OR USERS
Notices from the Site to authorized Users may be given by means of electronic messages or by general posting on the Site. Communications from You to the Company may be made by electronic messages or conventional mail, unless otherwise specified in the Agreement.
a. All questions, complaints, and notices to Company by means of electronic mail must be sent to Customer Service at the contact page.
13. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the authorized User and Company regarding use of the Site, and all materials directly and indirectly related thereto. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral understandings, writings, and representations and may only be amended upon notice by Company.
a. You acknowledge and agree that the terms and conditions of this Agreement are subject to change by Company at any time and shall be effective after notice to Users by posting at or via hyperlink to the Site.
14. VENUE AND JURISDICTION
The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions. CJ Environmental, Inc’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Agreement will not be deemed to be a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties. intentions as reflected in the provision and the other provisions of the agreement remain in full force and effect. Both you and CJ Environmental, Inc. expressly waive all right to trial by jury in the event of any dispute having connection, related to or arising out of the use of the services offered by CJ Environmental Inc. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim, lawsuit or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the services offered by CJ Environmental Inc. must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. You agree and understand that the one (1) year period to bring a claim, lawsuit or cause of action may be a period of time that is less than the statute of limitations in the jurisdiction where the claim, lawsuit or cause of action is brought and you have waived the extended period of the statute of limitations, if applicable. Any such claim or cause of action must be filed in Norfolk County in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. CJ Environmental, Inc shall be entitled to reimbursement for any and all costs incurred by it in defending any civil action filed or attempted to be filed in any jurisdiction outside of Norfolk County in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, including but not limited to, attorney’s fees incurred by CJ Environmental, Inc.
15. UNENFORCEABILITY OF PROVISIONS
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the provisions of this Agreement shall survive its termination.